Internship in Taiwan

     Sometimes making a decision is not a simple task, especially when you have to decide if you want to spend next two months in another part of the world, far away from your hometown. You don’t know what to expect and how to prepare for such a journey.
     I didn’t debate with myself too long. I just knew that Taiwan is a place I want to visit and get to know its fascinating culture. When I arrived to Taipei, I felt overwhelmed by city’s noise, traffic and hot temperature and humidity, which I am not used to. Fortunately I am very persistent and flexible person, so I acclimatized myself very fast. I found a host on couchsurfing portal, so from the very beginning I had a chance to hang out with Taiwanese people, visit different places and become familiar with Taiwanese culture and cuisine. After 12 days in Taipei and its surroundings I went to Tainan to start my internship in JiaJia Hotel. Right from the start I was fascinated by Tainan’s history and its soul, I didn’t expect that one city in the same country can be so divergent from the other one. You can experience there a real heritage of Taiwan and try delicious food. JiaJia takes centre stage with its exceptional designed hotel, events, activities and brands.

     Me and other interns worked very hard to improve JiaJia brand and we developed our skills, both hard and soft skills. Being a part of an international group of interns is something amazing, difficult to describe with words. Everyone comes from another culture, has different point of view and we can learn a lot from eachother. During the first week I had a chance to work in hotel management and see the importance of a good communication between co-workers and effort you must make to satisfy your customer. Then until the end of the internship, together with an Italian couple, we worked on expansion of one of JiaJia's brand in Europe and we came up with a strategy for sale increase. 
     Although I had to overcome many obstacles and I had to face many problems, I am glad that I made the decision of going to Taiwan. As they say, the more you risk the more you learn and it's totally true, I learned a lot, boosted my self-confidence and met a plenty of amazing people.


Komentarze

Popularne posty z tego bloga

Tea ceremony in Taiwan

My personal thoughts about travelling.